Do you have an interest in working with animals?
Are you passionate about supporting children and vulnerable adults?
Oasis Southampton City Farm has been at the heart of the local Southampton community for over 80 years and provides a range of different services to targeted groups as well as the wider local community. Core activities include targeted sessions for Learning Disability and Brain Injury clients, school visits, birthday parties, animal workshops, home educated visits, pre-school visits, and public access. The farm also holds four extremely successful open days each year and all activities are supported by a strong volunteer team.
To ensure Oasis Southampton City Farm is a successful, thriving enterprise and that the highest levels of animal welfare are maintained, we are seeking to build a Farm Assistant to be part of the farm team, contributing to the overall running of the farm, including sessions with service users, birthday parties and animal care.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of working in a farm/horticultural or community setting.
- Experience and confidence with large groups (for example birthday parties are 25 children, and 20 adults).
- Willingness and flexibility to work last minute hours for cover.
- Experience of working with children, young people, and/or vulnerable adults as well as the ability to work alongside others in projects that work with the public.
- Flexible approach to changes in circumstance and able to work unsocial hours.
- Knowledge of child protection practices and health and safety
- Willingness to work weekends.
If you are interested in finding out more about being a part of this unique community project, then please email your CV to the OCT Recruitment Team, at email@example.com or call 0207 921 4259 for further information. Come and join the fun down on your local city farm!
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. OCP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
OASIS Southampton City Farm
SALARY: £11,23 per hour
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487