Full-Time, 40 hours per week, (inc. some regular evening work)
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary £23,321 p.a. (inc London Allowance).
Are you looking to use your skills and experience to inspire a community that families want to be part of and that they can learn to contribute too?
Enact, in partnership with Oasis Community Partnerships, have a vacancy for a self-motivated and committed Children’s Practitioner to lead clubs, activities and training for local children and parents in the Enfield community. If you would like to work in a fun and friendly environment, then please read on…
The tasks involved are varied and interesting. Our new team member will be a great all-rounder, an inspiring and enthusiastic practitioner:
- Leading and inspiring sessional workers, volunteers to deliver a programme of universal, open-access community activities for children aged 0-11.
- Being one of the ‘faces’ of enact children’s and families work, helping us maintain a positive reputation of the enact Kids Club and family provision in the community.
- Creating great resources to make our sessions fun, engaging ‘informal learning’ spaces.
- Co-creating positive programmes that achieve our aims and vision.
- Help support young people transition from kids club (5-11 year old) to youth space (10-14 year olds).
- Recording key data and evidence that we can use in feedback to Trustees and Funders.
You could be successful in this role if you:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or other professional qualification in relevant sector (essential)
- Available to work flexibly including some evenings, weekends and school holidays.
- Knowledge of the frameworks in running community-based programmes for children.
- Knowledge that you understand how to set up a programme and room with ‘fun’, ‘health & safety’ and ‘learning’ in mind.
In return, Oasis and enact can offer:
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment.
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years of service.
What our employees say: “Getting to know the local community is so much fun and knowing what you’re doing is having a positive impact is totally rewarding. I am learning new things all the time and being part of a rich and diverse community of people is wonderful.” (Children & Families Specialist)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
If you are interested in being part of this life-changing service and would like to apply, then please send us your CV along with a cover letter to the Oasis UK Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional forms will be required at Interview stage. We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Closing date for sending in your CV and Cover Letter is: 5pm Friday 18th June 2021.
Interviews will be held on Monday 28th June with ‘practical’ interviews taking place on either the 29th, 30th June or 1st July in Enfield, North London.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1163889