COMMUNITY FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
OASIS HUB WARNDON
PART TIME, 16 HOURS PER WEEK (0.4 FTE)
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
SALARY: £9,452 per annum (23,630 FOR 1 FTE)
Oasis Charitable Trust is a multi-national charity supporting young people and their families in 10 countries worldwide. Our vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Community Family Support Worker to work as part of our Oasis Hub Warndon team, to engage and work with parents/carers, supporting them to access Hub activities, develop their personal and parenting skills, knowledge and aspirations.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Work with Parents/Carers and hard to reach families, supporting them to build their own health/wellbeing and to meet the health, wellbeing and safety of their children
- Develop programmes supporting positive parenting and healthy relationships
- Develop a volunteer–led peer support service and drop in sessions
- Support families in developing partnerships with local professionals
The successful post holder must have:
- A relevant professional qualification in Family Support & Community Work (Level 3 or above) or able to demonstrate qualification by experience.
- Successful experience of working with parents / carers and complex families
- The ability to deal with private information and sensitive issues with a calm and confident approach in difficult situations.
- Ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies.
- Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational/administrative and inter-personal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team in a national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com to receive an Application Pack. (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Monday 29th November 2021.
Interviews will take place in Warndon Worcester on Tuesday 14th December 2021.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Hub Leader Fay Osborne on 01905 453 530
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487