Oasis is looking for the right person who can combine entrepreneurial flair and excellent leadership skills to become the new Community Hub Leader supporting the development of the Oasis Community Hub: Ashburton Park.
The post holder will lead the development of the Hub, supporting the academies and wider local community, and to hold the vision of integrated community delivery, which will include a range of services such as family support, holiday provision, volunteering, youth mentoring, employability and NEET prevention. We are looking for an experienced person to be the Community Hub Leader who will take the Hub Charity to the next stage of development and grow the local community movement through our Christ-centred ethos. Some of the specific duties of this role include:
- planning, resource and coordinate the community Hub plan, measuring impact.
- building supportive working partnerships across the community and various groups.
- leading Hub strategic development (e.g. comms, income generation, MEL)
- developing a team that can grow an Oasis Movement (e.g. engaging staff, volunteers and community workers).
This is very much a relational and project management role. As such, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- experience of leading community delivery and growing projects from start-up phase.
- innovative use of resources and budget management to maximise funding.
- a thorough knowledge and understanding community work and its’ potential for raising standards.
- relevant professional qualification (e.g. to degree level or equivalent) or a wealth of experience.
This is a unique opportunity for a self-reliant and results-focused individual, who is looking to make a difference in this complex and high profile field of work. In return we offer:
- Flexible working practices which encourages innovation and fresh ideas.
- A supportive network and friendly team in a motivating working environment.
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years of service.
For full details, please go the Oasis UK charity website or contact our Recruitment Team, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 921 4335.
We invite you to send your CV and Covering Letter early to email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted after Midday, Monday 20th February. Stage 1 interviews will take place on Monday 27th February and final interviews will be held week beginning 6th March 2023, in Croydon.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. If you require any assistance to overcome potential barriers, please let us know. Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. The successful candidate will need to show proof of right to work in the UK.
Based in Croydon
Salary: £36,420 – £40,595 p.a. (inc London Weighting)
Full Time, Permanent Contract
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1163889