COMMUNITY WORKER –
EMPLOYABILITY EMPOWERMENT – OASIS HUB WATERLOO
PART-TIME, 12 HOURS PER WEEK (0.3 FTE)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT FOR 3 MONTHS WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO EXTEND
SALARY: £6,895.20 per annum (£22,984 FOR 1FTE)
Oasis Hub Waterloo has a vacancy for a Community Worker as part of our new pilot Employability Empowerment scheme, designed for those who have been out of work for a significant period of time and are looking to build their skills, experience and confidence in a supportive and professional environment.
As part of the Employability Empowerment scheme you will be employed for 12 hours per week (10 hours working with our Advice Centre team. 2 hours doing mandatory training and skills workshops and meeting). There will also be the opportunity to access further optional training appropriate to your needs. Please note, across 2021, we have six placements as part of this pilot scheme. Each placement will run for six months, and work within a specific area of our Hub – ranging from Foodbank & Advice, to Community & Families or Youth work.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the delivery of Waterloo Foodbank, Oasis Advice Centre, Community Fridge and potentially Hub Coffee House
- Providing administrative support to projects, including producing print resources, using databases, and making phone calls
- Sorting and organising donations of food items
The successful post holder must have:
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English
- Basic numeracy and IT skills
- Able to do manual work, such as lifting of food parcels and unloading deliveries of food
- Thinking as a team player, working towards a common goal and willing to assist other team members
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while improving your employability skills. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in being part of this fantastic project and want to know more or for an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note if you are experiencing difficulties in completing the application form, please contact us on email@example.com
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Wednesday 20th October 2021.
Interviews will take place in Waterloo 25th October 2021.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487