Data Product Owner
(Human Trafficking Prevention)
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
£24,007 – £25,870
STOP THE TRAFFIK is a groundbreaking charity established in 2006, working with communities across the world to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking.
STOP THE TRAFFIK is looking to recruit a Data Product Owner. The successful candidate will be a core member of the Data Team, which is responsible for building and maintain strong systems that allow the organisation to scale its work and impact effectively.
- Be a technical evangelist for the STOP THE TRAFFIK Hub – influencing and organising the Hub including building data science enhancements.
- Be autonomous and take ownership of the validation & integrate enhancements from our volunteers and pro-bono partners
- Onboarding and training for the TA HUB through every aspect of the sales cycle– presentations, hands-on demonstrations, requests for information/requests for proposal (RFI/RFP) responses, design and architecture with current and prospective customers and generate winning solutions and systems designs.
- The role requires curiosity, sense of autonomy, agility and cloud-savvy culture and understanding technical constraints & opportunities to work co-creatively with the CEO and team members to continually improve the hub from a technical perspective.
- Working across teams and projects providing operational support to varying topics (e.g., data ingestion, data science projects, technical leadership).
- Arrange demonstrations.
- Be a customer relay inside STOP THE TRAFFIK, with capacity to summarise and track the customer situation.
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer business, promote company’s solutions and to provide sales support including administration of access.
- When required, contribute technical information, and solution diagrams for TA HUB development.
Required skills and experience:
- Work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required in cloud
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrable experience in working with highly technical solutions and understanding customer requirements and communicating requirements and regional trends to product managers
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects across different functions
- Possess core technical skills across the range of dashboard type products to enable presenting effectively at all technical levels.
- Some travel maybe required to meet customers’ needs to present presentations, advice & support.
Expertise would be beneficial to include:
- Operating systems: Windows and UNIX
- Data dashboards and building systems workflows
- Networking: IP switching and routing
- Use of Restful APIs
- Cloud environment: IaaS (K8s, Docker/Container, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Use of Elasticsearch
- All IT disciplines – architecture, Information security, management & governance
- Good presentation, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work under pressure and independently and be able to meet project deadlines for delivering quality solutions on time.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new tools and technologies
- A friendly, supportive team
- Opportunity to work on an essential, high-profile global issue
- Opportunity to work directly with global brands and experts around the world
- Hybrid-style working and flexible working policies
- Conveniently based Central London office
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life insurance
- An annual leave allowance of 25 days (plus bank holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years’ service
- Employment policies which reflect the needs of our staff
- Encouragement and autonomy to present new ideas and lead on solutions
- In-house and external training opportunities
Further details about STOP THE TRAFFIK can be found on website www.stopthetraffik.org.
If you have the relevant experience, are highly resourceful, adaptable, and able to work in a busy and fast-paced environment, please contact send in a CV and Cover Letter (2 A4 sides) that evidences your ability to be successful in this role. Please email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am on August 16th 2022
Interviews will be held from August 22nd 2022
We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, minority and underrepresented groups. If you require any assistance to overcome potential barriers, please let us know.
Applicants must be able to prove their right to work in the UK. We cannot sponsor employees or assist with work visas.