Data Project Officer
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Full-time (40 hours per week inc breaks)
£23,801 per annum
STOP THE TRAFFIK is a groundbreaking charity established in 2006, working with communities across the world to assist in preventing modern slavery & human trafficking.
STOP THE TRAFFIK has been at the forefront of developing an intelligence-led approach to human trafficking prevention. Our working model brings together high level organisations, cutting edge technology and the drive and determination of teams of people passionate about the work they do.
We are now seeking a Data Project Officer to join our dynamic team based at our office conveniently situated in Central London. The Project Officer will research human trafficking activity across the globe; ingest, transform and analyse data; and produce assessments which will form the basis of STT’s intelligence-led initiatives and targeted responses. We aim to generate targeted action, build resilience and systemically disrupt human trafficking. Are you up for the challenge and want to be part of our journey, making a difference in vulnerable countries?
Supported by the Project Manager, some of the activities the postholder will do include:
- Work in collaboration with a variety of partners (companies, NGOs, local authorities, police, and others) to source data, set up secure data sharing, communicate data collection templates and present summarised insights back to different groups
- Work with TAHUB (https://www.traffikanalysis.org/ ) to improve intelligence and action withinSTT
- Work with partners to design and launch enhanced data visualisations around human trafficking
To be successful in this role you will have:
Proven experience in roles relevant to the JPDS such as, but not limited to:
- Data analyst
- Data lead
- Database developer
- Data scientist
- Data engineer
- Excellent time-management and communication skills
- Ability to craft content targeted at specific audiences with a strong ability to interpret feedback and data
- Ability to juggle several projects at once at different stages of the process
In return you will be rewarded by working with a supportive and friendly team, working on an interesting high profile, global issue, conveniently based in our Central London office. Further details about STOP THE TRAFFIK can be found on the STOP THE TRAFFIK (STT) website www.stopthetraffik.org .
If you are keen to work in a busy and fast-paced environment, please send in your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . For further information please contact STOP THE TRAFFIK or call 0207 921 4335.
This is a rolling advertisement. CV’s will be considered as they come in and we will appoint when we find the best candidate. Early applications are recommended.
STOP THE TRAFFIK supports Equal Opportunities Registered Charity No. 1127321