Oasis seeks to build local community movements that join together of all the work Oasis does in any one place. The purpose of this is to serve the whole person and the whole community and to ensure that people are able to flourish socially, physically, emotionally, spiritually, educationally, environmentally, morally.
We are excited to announce a new vacancy for a Development and Youth Innovation Lead in Oasis Hub Ashburton Park, in Croydon. This role is key to the development of the new opportunities within Oasis and empowering the local community. Each day will bring its own rewards and challenges as you lead on developing:
- a team of staff and volunteers to support the wider youth / community work.
- a youth centre with a strong focus on providing therapeutic care.
- youth mentoring projects and community programmes.
- the strategy around comms, income generation and monitoring and evaluation.
- other innovative projects, including working with the local Oasis Academies and the Crystal Palace Football Club youth academy.
You will receive guidance and help from the Regional Cluster Lead, as well as training from the national Oasis infrastructure teams, to ensure that you are well supported in your role. This role requires a visionary leader, an entrepreneur with business acumen, but just importantly, a belief in inclusion, relationships and the value people as individuals in a community.
Do you believe you have the experience and determination to succeed in this role? If so, we would love to hear from you. We offer:
- Flexible working practices which encourage innovation and fresh ideas.
- A supportive network and friendly team in a motivating working environment.
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years of service.
For full details, please go the Oasis UK charity website or contact our Recruitment Team, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 921 4359. We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. If you require any assistance to overcome potential barriers, please let us know.
We invite you to send your CV and Covering Letter early to email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted after Midday, Monday 12th June. Stage 1 phone interviews will take place the following week, and final interviews will be held in late June 2023, in Croydon.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. The successful candidate will need to show proof of right to work in the UK.
Based in Croydon
Salary: £43,123 p.a.
Full Time, Permanent Contract
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1163889