EDUCATION AND ACHIEVEMENT OFFICER
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Part-time (24 hours per week, inclusive of breaks)
Salary: £14,037 per annum (£23,396 for 1.0FTE)
As part of the wider Oasis family of hubs, Oasis Hub Oldham works to provide integrated, high quality services that benefit the whole person and the whole community. This is achieved by bringing together the Oasis ethos and values, local and national resources and expertise, and working together in and with local partners.
Thriving Hollinwood is the on-going partnership between Oasis and Regenda Homes. This unique project is looking for a visionary Education and Youth Achievement Officer to be responsible for supporting progress, improving achievement, increasing access to opportunity and participation, in positive learning and development activity for targeted young people. Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Co-ordination and delivery of education and youth work programmes engaging young people 14-19 at risk or currently not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- Working and networking with local agencies, community and leading partnerships.
- Develop a ‘youth-led’ approach to project sustainability.
- Be involved in the recruitment, training, and support of project volunteers.
- Support the development of employer networks.
- Demonstrate the link between youth provision and educational achievement through effective qualitative and quantitative project outcome reporting
This is very much a relationship building and project management role, and the successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Recognised degree level qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 4)
- Experience of working in a youth/community/education setting, working with NEET young people
- Proven ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies
- Proven ability to manage a range of different projects going on at the same time
In return, working for Oasis offers:
- A non-contributory pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- A supportive, friendly work environment, with flexible working arrangements
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Monday 28th June 2021.
Interviews will take place in Oldham on Wednesday 7th July 2021.
For full details and an application form, please contact the Oasis UK Recruitment Team, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 921 4335. Please indicate in your enquiry where you saw this vacancy.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487