FARM EDUCATION SUPPORT WORKER
EMPLOYABILITY EMPOWERMENT – OASIS HUB WATERLOO
PART-TIME, 12 HOURS PER WEEK (0.3 FTE)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT FOR 3 MONTHS WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO EXTEND
SALARY: £6,895.20 per annum (£22,984 FOR 1FTE)
Oasis Hub Waterloo has a vacancy for a Farm Education Support Worker as part of our new pilot Employability Empowerment scheme, designed for those who have been out of work for a significant period of time and are looking to build their skills, experience and confidence in a supportive and professional environment.
As part of the Employability Empowerment scheme you will be employed for 12 hours per week This role, part of the pilot Employability Empowerment scheme, will support our Education Officer in planning for and delivering sessions for young people on the farm – mainly with secondary school students. The sessions are based around the Jamie’s Farm approach of “Family, Farming and Therapy”, working with small groups for half-day visits, to build social skills, self-esteem, physical and mental health.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting with delivery of farm education and community sessions. Which will include participating in and role-modelling behaviour during discussions and reflective exercises and leading small groups in farm activities (cooking, gardening, craft, work with farm animals)
- Ordering materials and creating educational resources in advance of sessions
- Contributing ideas for new farm educational activities, and designing activities where appropriate
The successful post holder must have:
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English
- Basic numeracy and IT skills
- Experience of supporting the learning of children (formal or informal), either through work, volunteering or family life
- Thinking as a team player, working towards a common goal and willing to assist other team members
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while improving your employability skills. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in being part of this fantastic project and want to know more or for an application pack, please email email@example.com .
Please feel free to call to find out more about the scheme, or the specific role you are looking at.Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 07747486208
Please note if you are experiencing difficulties in completing the application form, please contact us on email@example.com
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
This is a rolling advertisement. Applications will be considered as they come in and we will appoint when we find the best candidate. Early applications are recommended.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487