Oasis is recruiting three Youth Development Workers to be part of a new team of working on a groundbreaking project, supporting A&E Departments in the Greater Manchester area in reducing the harm to young people from violence. As this is a new project we are also recruiting for a Project Coordinator and an Administrator.
Key responsibilities for the Youth Development Workers will be:
- Offering intensive 1:1 support to young people who present to A&E due to violence, including support for the parent / carers and family unit.
- Designing a bespoke plan for the young person (inc referrals partners, agencies)
- Developing the skills of staff within A&E in engaging with young people who come into A&E as a result of a violent incident.
- Working in a team that delivers one-to-one support and mentoring.
Amongst other requirements, the successful post holder must have:
- A relevant qualification in Youth & Community (JNC) or Social Work (QSW) or SEND OR able to demonstrate relevant experience.
- Proven experience working with young people ‘at risk’.
- Reliability, with a flexible approach to changes in circumstance and able to work unsocial hours
- Experience with working with multi agencies
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new project based in A&E Departments, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- A supportive, friendly work environment, with flexible working arrangements
If you are interested in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an Application Pack. (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Monday 25th January 2021.
Interviews will take place on 11th & 12th February 2021 (possibly in person or online)
FULL TIME, 40 HOURS PER WEEK (1 FTE)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT TO MARCH 2022
SALARY: £23,396 p.a. (plus 7% non-contributory pension)
LOCATION: GREATER MANCHESTER
Oasis Charitable Trust is a multi-national charity supporting young people and their families in 10 countries worldwide. Our vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487