Are you passionate about local community?
We are looking for community-minded people to join our Hub councils.
Could you offer support and experience as a volunteer Community Leader?
We offer you full training and the only qualification you need is a passion for your local community.
Founded in 1985, Oasis’ vision is for community – a place where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential. It has developed a unique and successful Community Hub model, which brings everyone together to ensure people’s needs are met holistically. Our experience shows that integrated models involving local people, schools, professionals, statutory agencies, churches and other charities are vital in transforming lives and communities.
Community Hub concept The Community Hub concept has been replicated across England and in 8 other countries worldwide. Our work in the UK includes running 52 local Academy schools and 17 local Community Hub charities. We deliver housing, education, healthcare, training, youth work, family support and community initiatives. However, we don’t just do things for people, we work alongside them with the aim of helping everyone reach their full potential.
This is where you come in.
What is an Oasis Hub Council? An Oasis Hub Council is a friendly group of local people who take ownership of Oasis’ work in the local community, offer oversight, advice, encouragement and contacts. Hub Councils are informal and meet a minimum of three times year, with lots of hands-on, practical involvement in between those meetings.
- Shaping strategy – what do we want to achieve through our Academies, community work and churches and how can we move things forward?
- Providing support – work together to find funding, volunteers, help and advice.
- Gathering together – you will be involved in organising one or two network events per year to listen to the Academy community and encourage others who might want to get involved in the local Hub
- Supporting our ethos – ensuring it runs through all that we do
- Communicating – report back on your local Hub to Oasis’ national boards
What’s involved in being a Hub Council Community Leader? We are looking for people who live locally to an Oasis Hub, are passionate about Oasis’ vision for community transformation, who can help connect with the wider community, who want to support us practically, utilising their skills and who have time to be actively involved.
This is an opportunity to join a ground-breaking movement seeking to bring true, long-lasting transformation to your community.
As a Community Leader you will:
- Become part of the Oasis movement at local, regional, national and global level.
- Be given training opportunities to fully equip you for your role.
- Be offered regular support from our national staff and Regional Coordinators.
- A minimum of 3 meetings will take place each year.
- Meetings are usually around 2 hours long.
- Community Leaders help organise 1 or 2 events throughout the year.
- Events are likely to be in the evening, possibly at weekends. We ask you to be actively involved in the life of your Hub.
For more details and an informal chat, please contact Esther Foster – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07500977404.
To find out more about Oasis and the work we do, please visit our website www.oasisuk.org