Oasis Community Hub: Hadley and North Middlesex University Hospital
Full-Time, 40 hours per week, Fixed Term Contract to March 2022 (with a view to extend)
Salary £26,854 per annum, (inc. London Allowance)
Oasis Community Hub: Hadley encompasses a variety of integrated and diverse community projects which together have a common aim to bring transformation to the whole person and the whole community. Oasis Hub Hadley, with North Middlesex Hospital A&E department, is looking for a dedicated Youth Development Outreach Worker with a mental health specialism. This role will be based in the North Middlesex A&E Department.
This role’s is primary purpose is to participate in a youth outreach service that provides additional support for young people who have been affected by violence and require support with their own mental wellbeing.
- Offering and facilitating intensive 1:1 support for young people.
- Planning and delivering workshops that develop the strategies for good mental health and wellbeing.
- Linking young people into appropriate services.
- Developing and evaluating a model of care that enables young people to benefit from community based interventions.
- Ensuring new referrals are received and passed on in a timely manner.
- Facilitating information gathering/sharing to track the support given and the success of the project.
You could be successful in this role if you:
- Experience of working in a youth/community setting affected by youth crime.
- Experience of mentoring / supporting young people.
- Possess excellent oral/written communication and organisational skills.
- Are self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative and work under some pressure.
- Have a relevant qualification in the mental health field and a youth work qualification with training or experience within mental health.
This role is a challenging, but a rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable young members of society who are living in challenging circumstances. If you are interested in being part of this life-changing service and want to know more, please contact the Oasis Recruitment Team on email@example.com or call 0207 921 4335. Alternatively, please contact Cat Still on 07971 225535 for further information.
Closing date for completed applications is 9am Friday 29th October 2021.
Interviews will be held on Thu 11th and Fri November 12th in Enfield, North London.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. Applicants must be able to prove their right to work in the UK. Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487