OASIS HUB NORTH BRISTOL
PART-TIME, 16 HOURS PER WEEK (0.4 FTE)
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT (with a view to extend)
SALARY: £8,313 per annum for 16 hours/week (£20,783 full time equivalent)
Oasis Charitable Trust’s vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential.
Our Oasis Hub North Bristol has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Youth Worker to deliver a programme of activities and opportunities that support the personal and social development of the young people within the local community based in North Bristol.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To deliver a youth club programme, expected to be Tuesdays (12-6pm), Wednesdays (2-6pm), Thursday (12.30-6.30pm)
- To plan and deliver lunchtime engagement sessions at our two local oasis primary schools. Building positive relationships with students and signposting them to our youth clubs.
The successful post holder must have:
- A relevant qualification in Youth & Community Work (Level 3 or above) or is able to demonstrate relevant experience at this level within the sector.
- A flexible approach to work and able to work unsociable hours (inc Tue & Wed eve)
- Experience working within a youth/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- Flexible working where possible with family friendly policies
- A non-contributory pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance.
If you are interested in this position and would like an Application Pack, please go to the Oasis UK charity website to download the documents or email email@example.com.
This is a rolling advertisement. Applications will be considered for shortlisting in January 2022. Early applications are recommended.
Interviews will take place in North Bristol in February 2022.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487